Six Sigma is a methodology for analysing and decreasing faults or errors via the use of statistical and data analysis. The target is a defect rate of 3.4 per million units or events produced, while improved cycle durations are a secondary goal.
Six Sigma is a collection of quality management techniques which also considered as one of the top IT certifications in demand and technologies created in the 1980s and used by many firms.
The Five Foundational Concepts Of Six Sigma –
- Put Your Emphasis on the Consumer –
- Determine the Source of the Issue by Analysing the Value Stream –
- Get Rid of All That Crap! –
- Continue to Move Things Along –
- Maintain an Ecosystem That Is both Adaptable and Responsive –
Six Sigma Certification’s Belt Ranks
Belt levels in Six Sigma certification are given out based on the employee’s role within the company. They can be attained through internships, formal education, and testing. The ranks of the belts are as follows:
* White belt: The first level of Six Sigma certification is called “white belt,” and it’s earned by learning the basics of the methodology, its background, and how it’s organised.
* Yellow belt: Achieved by providing hands-on support for a project and passing an exam to prove proficiency in Six Sigma’s implementation, performance, and application.
* Green belt: Awarded for studying Six Sigma principles and putting them into practise on actual projects while being guided by a black belt. Candidates must successfully complete a test to demonstrate that they are familiar with all of the elements of the Six Sigma Method.
* Black belt: A black belt is someone who uses Six Sigma methodology to plan and carry out projects. Must pass an exam demonstrating a thorough mastery of the phases of the Six Sigma Method.
Manages the rollout of Six Sigma initiatives across departments as a “master black belt.” Proves thorough familiarity with the Six Sigma methodology and its guiding principles through an examination.
* Champion: A “Champion” is a high-ranking executive who oversees Six Sigma’s rollout across the organisation.
What is Six Sigma Certification
Earning a Six Sigma certification demonstrates that you have completed a required training programme and grasp the principles underlying a specific approach to improving product quality.
Time Required to Obtain Six Sigma Certification?
There are a number of variables that affect how long it takes to earn a Six Sigma certification. If you’re receiving the training through your work, it may take one week or more. On the other side, you can spend as much time as you need to prepare and still pass the exam if you study during your leisure time.
How much does it cost to get a Six Sigma Black Belt?
Certification in various levels of Six Sigma ranges in price from 99 to 3,595. The costs also differ depending on whether you merely pay for the exam or whether you receive any teaching at all.
In order to reduce waste and raise quality, Six Sigma is a quality control certification that teaches students how and where to analyse processes and outcomes. One can become certified at a variety of levels, from primary end user to master Six Sigma user and senior member of quality control.
If you want to improve your job prospects and pay increases, then you should make sure to become certified in open distance learning Six Sigma courses. This is true regardless of the field in which you graduated, whether you are an engineer or a professional in the field of business administration.