AWS certifications display the various levels of cloud competency that an IT expert has attained using Amazon Web Services after passing at least one of the company’s tests. Want to earn a certificate and skills to land your dream company, check-out AWS Course .
Alt-text: AWS Certification, CareerPath, Job Description, and Salary in 2023
So, let us start by understanding What is meant by AWS Certification?
After completing the AWS Certification exam, you can obtain the Amazon Web Services (AWS) Certification certificate. Your knowledge of the cloud computing tools and services offered by AWS will be verified by the AWS Certification exam.
IT professionals who have earned an AWS certification can renew it after its two-year period has passed. There are numerous testing locations where you can take the examinations all over the world.
The main AWS career paths are listed below, along with information on the qualifications needed, duties and responsibilities of the jobs, salary, and certifications.
Starting off with AWS Cloud Network Engineer
- AWS Cloud Network Engineer
The day-to-day planning, implementation, and management of network and core service support and maintenance is the responsibility of a cloud network engineer. Additionally, they are in charge of selecting the greatest cloud specialists and growing cloud services to match the escalating needs of firms.
The roles and responsibilities of AWS Cloud Network Engineer includes:
- To find expansion strategies, speak with stakeholders or business owners.
- Implement reliable security measures for cloud networks.
- Address any issues that arise.
- Track the use of the cloud network.
- Find the top cloud service providers.
A cloud network engineer makes around $106,100 annually on average. However, it may differ depending on experience. At entry-level positions, it could be difficult to get more money, but as your abilities progress, it becomes much easier.
- AWS Cloud Developer
Setting up and administering the cloud infrastructure are the main duties of an effective AWS Certified Cloud developer. Designing, developing, analyzing, and maintaining the cloud systems used by the businesses is their main goal.
The roles and responsibilities of AWS Cloud Developer includes:
- Create scalable, reusable, affordable programmes and migration plans.
- Examine the design of the current application and make new recommendations for performance enhancement.
- Cooperate with the IT staff to move web apps to AWS.
A cloud developer makes a handsome amount of money . According to Glassdoor, entry-level Cloud Developers make approximately US$99k per year, with potential growth based on experience and performance to reach approximately US$121k per year.
- Cloud DevOps Engineer at AWS
Development responsibilities are handled by a cloud DevOps engineer. They use the cloud to deploy services, deliver pipelines, test code, keep track of problems, and monitor them. These professionals streamline the delivery process and guarantee a more reliable service.
The average pay for a Cloud DevOps Engineer, according to a survey, is around $112,647, albeit this figure can vary greatly depending on important factors including education, certifications, soft and hard abilities, and years of experience.
- Cloud Security Engineer
Engineers that specialize in cloud security examine vulnerabilities to cloud systems, develop new features to meet security needs, and build, maintain, upgrade, and keep improving cloud-based systems.
The average yearly salary for a cloud security engineer is between $60,000 and $150,000. Particularly if they possess graduate degrees, associate-level certificates, and the relevant skills, engineers can earn more money.
- AWS Cloud Architect
AWS Cloud Architect Planning for cloud adoption, cloud administration, cloud application design, and cloud monitoring are all included in this strategy. Additionally, the architect works with hybrid, private, and public cloud environments. Companies that hire cloud architects do so because they already use cloud services or because they plan to.
The base pay for cloud architects at the entry, middle, and senior levels is typically as follows:
- Entry-level: $95,000 – 98,000
- Mid-level: $100,000 to $110,000
- Senior level: $120,000-$135,000
But, what do you have to do to earn a certificate?
Follow the simple steps below:
- Enroll in a course for the AWS certification just like the one mentioned above.
- Examine the training and test guidelines thoroughly. If you’ve signed up for training programmes, you’ll get the study and exam materials you need to get ready for the relevant certification exam.
- Analyze and use the AWS cloud platform.
- Real-time AWS projects can help you gain experience and exposure to the industry.
- Once you’ve finished your training, schedule the exam time.
So, how much time does it take to earn an AWS certification?
Depending on how much AWS experience a person has, the answer to this question differs from person to person. The highest amount of concentrated study time needed to pass an AWS certification exam is 90–100 hours for candidates who are completely new to the cloud computing field but have some background in general IT. The candidates have complete discretion over how they will allocate their time to complete the 90 hours of instruction.